Help! DI for Gifted Students
Directions for Resident Expert Planner
1. Using the Topic Browsing Planner (p. 153), have the student determine the topic for which they want to become a resident expert.
2. Provide teacher assistance on the generation of specific questions related to the topic.
3. Depending upon the student and his/her organizational skills, suggest or have the student determine the method by which they will take notes on their topic.
4. Have the student determine how he/she will present the findings of their research. The Product Choices Chart (p.80) may help.
5. Have the student keep a daily log of the work they accomplish.
6. Discuss the rubric and/or grading policy for the product produced as a result of the independent project.
You can use the Evaluation Contract – p. 74